Delacroix
Neuling

Delacroix befindet sich auf einem aufstrebenden Ast

Standard AW: Unreal "Messe Bericht zur CeBIT 99" article

OK, the S3 leftovers have replied.

Here's what I sent:

Zitat:
[FONT=Times New Roman]Dear S3 staff.

My question is not that about an accelerator device, but rather a piece of OEM software that was included with it.

Amongst Unreal game fans it is known that a special edition of Unreal was included with one of your Savage series accelerator cards.

All over the network bits and pieces of information can be found about that edition. It featured exclusive demonstration levels all filled with your S3 textures.

Now I recently discovered that it didn't include all exclusive maps that the S3 company has created.

Let me include a link to a TweakPC.de article describing your creations:

Hardware, Computer, Overclocking, Testberichte, News und mehr - TweakPC.de

Now in the edition I own there are 11 exclusive maps, these are listed below:

~the Egyptian environment~
- DMEgypt1.unr
~the Control Room environment~
- DMFly1B.unr
- DMS3Movie.unr
~the Graffiti Museum environment~
- DMS3Gallery.unr
- DMS3GalleryB.unr
~the Savage Streets environment~
- DMSavageStreets1.unr
- DMSavageStreets1Bots.unr
- DMStreet1.unr
- DMStreets2.unr
- DMStreets2Bots.unr
- DMStreets2Light.unr

Somewhere on the network I also found a final version of the Egyptian environment, DMEgyptF.unr.

These are just INCREDIBLE - I sometimes catch myself on starting up Unreal just to take a stroll in one of these beautiful environments, only admiring the textures' perfection.

Thing is, according to that TweakPC article, I don't own all of these maps. There is a Space Station environment, shown on the screens and the Graffiti Museum is updated with a mirror effect.

Is there a chance someone at S3 could supply the Unreal community with the missing textures and maps? It is very important to collectors, regular players and content creators alike, as a source of inspiration or simply as a masterpiece to admire.
[/FONT]
Here's what they sent back:

Zitat:
[FONT=Times New Roman]Thanks for your support and my pleasure to serve you.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]S3 Savage3D is EOL in the market, and we won’t provide drivers and other software update. So unfortunately, there is nothing I can do for you.[/FONT]
Seems they won't be of any assistance. Robert, you are my only hope for retrieving the lost Space S3TC level and all other missing content.
Delacroix ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten