Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 10.01.2016, 19:48   #1 (permalink)
JAKNIt
Fingerabzähler

JAKNIt befindet sich auf einem aufstrebenden Ast

Standard Probleme mit 4coredual-sata2 und DRAM interleave

Hello and sorry for writing in English -> my German is actually almost unusable

I'm a foreign user and I would like get in touch with someone expert in 4coredual-sata2 advanced setting\tuning.

I recently bought Asrock 4coredual-sata2 card, a Q6600 CPU, 2 x 2GB Mushkin Enhanged Ram (4-4-4-12 @ 800 Mhz) to make use of my old AGP Sapphire HD 3850.

I immediately installed the modded BIOS from PCtreiber.net (L2.20).

I was able to tune this PC in a decent way, finding a stable tuning with DRAM settings to : 2-3-2-9 @ 533 Mhz , CR 1T, dual channel.

Now, I'm able to make it run with DRAM interleave in 4-way without any problem.
Setting it to 8-way I can run without any problem at the first boot, but if I re-boot or switch-off and then on again, the system doesn't boot up and hangs up at the boot initial screen, showing the concerning sentence "single channel memory mode".

I'm looking for someone that was able to make use of 8-way memory interleave on 4coredual-sata2 board or better knows advanced memory settings, to exchange ideas.

I would like get in touch with the team members that developed the modded BIOS from PCtreiber.net (L2.20) to explain my troubles...looking around in internet I saw that someone was able to use the 8-way interleave using the 4coredual-vsta, that permits to fine tune CLKBUF delays in 50 ps steps (while in 4coredual-sata2 actual bios only 150 ps steps are possible).

I hope someone of you could give me some tips for this old board....

Giacomo
JAKNIt ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten