Alt 16.04.2017, 11:09   #3 (permalink)
Azrael5
Neuling

Azrael5 befindet sich auf einem aufstrebenden Ast

Standard AW: 4coredual-sata2 2.20a 8-way bank interleave broken-4GB DDR2

Zitat:
Zitat von ASrock_User Beitrag anzeigen
Hi!

Could you give us some more information about your system and the used modules?
However, the board is quite old and I'm very unsure if people at asrock will create a new bios.
I use 2 modueles PQI 4-4-4-12 I've used 2 modules G.skill 4-4-4-10 both DDR2 at 533mhz (1066) both supporting 8-way.
HD3850 AGP GPU; 128MB AGP APERTURE SIZE.

Official bios was made for only 2GB: if I install 1 ddr2 module of 2GB bios detect it as 8-way when bios is official the same module is detected in 4-way when the bios is 2.20a or other kind of modified bios release and AUTO option is set into the bios section. The modified bios has changed something causing regression on bank interleave. Consider that the increase if 420 MB/s allow the bandwidth to reach 2900MB/s measured by memtest86+ that is the bandwidth reached by DDR400 so ddr400 are much more performing than the ddr2. However 8-way seems to fix this gap.

I've made several test with different combination of ram and processors after set 8-way:

e7600+QPI: doesn't work;
x8600+qpi: works the first time (making memtest86+ measurement);
pentium ee 965: works at 12 and 13 ratio doesn't work at 14 ratio,

It seems a problems concerning the ability of processor to measure the right amount of ram or other kind of problem.

I know the board is old but if the fix is simple for example taking again the latest official bios and increasing the whole ram to 4GB would be better for those user which have it for legacy.
Azrael5 ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten